What’s Happening in Madison County, North Carolina
VisitMadisonCounty.com/events or call 828 680-9031
February 22-March 1
- February 23, 24, 25 at 7:30pm and February 26 at 2:30: “Cinderella” in Day Hall, James Thomas Black Box Theatre, MHU.Tickets $10 for adults, $5 for children. For more information, www.mhu.edu/theatre
- February 24-26 at multiple locations on MHU campus: 21st Annual Low Brass Retreat. Free and open to the public. See website for details www.mhu.edu/music
- February 24 at 7pm: Mars Hill Radio Theater DJ Besbleve/Famil Friendly Hip Hop. Free Doors open 6:30. For more information www.marshillradiotheatre.org
- Tuesday, February 28 at 5pm: Marshall Gras Crawl, Family Friendly Fun. Costumes, jazz music,kazoos, a King Cake, food at six locations in downtown Marshall.
- February 26 at 2pm: Mars Hill Radio Theater. StreetNation, National Touring and recording Christian Artist. Doors open 1:30pm (Donations Accepted)
- Every Day except Monday from 11am to 5pm: “Shelter on the Mountain: Barns and Building Traditions of the Southern Highlands” exhibit at the Rural Heritage Museum on the Mars Hill University campus. Through May 2017. For information, call 689-1400 or go to http://www.mhu.edu/museum
- Weekdays from 10am to 4pm: Exhibits at Weizenblatt Art Gallery in Moore Auditorium on Cascade Street, Mars Hill. Free and Open to the Public. Information at 828 689-1209 www.mhu.edu/art. Currently, 2/16-3/10 Ceramics by Bill Dale, Textiles by Laura Ball, Photography/mixed media by Lydia See.
- Weeknights: Open Mic Nights–Tuesday at Stackhouse, Wednesday at Zuma, Friday at Mars Hill Radio Theatre. Contact locations for information.
- Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at Good Stuff, 38 Baileys Branch Road in downtown Marshall. Live music (plus other nights at times). 649-9711
- Wednesdays from 6:30 to 9:00 at Zuma. Open Mic with hosts Linda Jarvis and Jerry Burns.
- Thursdays at 7pm at Zuma, 7 N. Main St, downtown Marshall: FREE music with “Blue Grass Jam” featuring Bobby Hicks and friends 649-1617
- Thursdays from 8 to 10pm: Andy Buckner Live Music at Stackhouse Restaurant, 37 S. Main Street, Mars Hill. 680-1213
- Fridays at 6:30pm at The Depot, 282 S. Main St, downtown Marshall: FREE traditional music and dancing. 649-2332 (all year except for first Friday in December)
- Every Saturday at 7pm and Every Sunday at 2pm: Movie at the Mars Hill Radio Theatre, Main Street in Mars Hill. Information at http://www.marshillradiotheatre.org/
- First and Third Saturdays at 7:30 through April: Rodeo at the Madison County Fairgrounds. Heated indoor and concessions. $10 for tickets. Contact 828-206-6969
- Friday, March 3rd – Friday, April 1st: Youth Art Month Exhibit: Free. Opening Reception March 3rd, 5-8 pm. For more information www.madisoncountyarts.com
- Sunday March 5 at 3pm: Flute Studio Recital in Broyhill Chapel, MHU. Free and open to the public. For more information www.mhu.edu/music
- Saturday, March 11 (two shows) 3pm and 7:30pm: Fiddlers of Madison County “An Epic night of fiddle styles” Tickets $20 For tickets and more information, contact 828-649-1301 or www.madisoncountyarts.com
- Sunday, March 19 at 3pm: Welcome Spring Concert with the Steve Davidowski Trio at the Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit, 433 Bone Camp Road, Mars Hill. Smooth Jazz and Rock Music will benefit The Appalachian Barn Alliance (http://www.appalachianbarns.
org). Intermission refreshments available. Tickets are $15 in advance; $20 at the door. For information and tickets, email email@example.com or call 828-380-1178.
- Friday, April 7 at 7pm: David Holt and the Lightning Bolts at MHU, Moore Auditorium. Tickets are general admission $15 in advance, $20 at the door.Tickets are available online http://www.mhu.edu/news-events
Contact us to learn more about the wide variety of experiences available in our beautiful county by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Provided by: Madison County Tourism Development Authority and Madison County Visitor Center